I have been wondering why I decided to say out loud “I am not buying clothes for a year”… and truth be told I am still searching for the right answer. I have come up with a few reasons though:
- I have gained weight and have to have some type of incentive to get back into my old wardrobe…which is quite nice by the way
- I do not throw clothes away until they are beyond worn and this will give me an opportunity to get rid of some
- I have way more t-shirts than any reasonable person should
- I am crazy
I am going to address these things one by one, so here goes.
1. I have gained weight and need incentive. You hear people say (Stacey and Clinton) “dress for the size you are now, not the size you want to be or used to be”. This is something I strive to do…but since leaving my job in January have gained about 25lbs. How can I dress the size I am now when I got rid of all my “fat” clothes the last time I lost this weight. I have lost these same pounds a few times so I have experience in this category. I REFUSE to buy more clothes in a bigger size.
Yesterday was “rock bottom”. I put on a cute outfit and went to go put on my black dress boots..no go people. For the first time in my life my shoes did not fit because I was too fat. What the hell! My calves can not “suck it in” like the rest of me can. I told the hubby I had hit rock bottom, I had had it! He of course curtailed my impending rant with humor…gotta love him!
The lack of ability to lose this weight again has caused me to have very little to wear. You will find out more about that as time goes on I’m sure.
2. I do not throw clothes away…why would I? They have holes in or are stained from forgetting my Bert’s bee’s in my jeans and then wash and dry them…nah!!! You have to wear them out. It is easier for me to throw all other things out but not my clothes…even if they are wearing thin! I have four casualties at home that need to be thrown. They are laying on the floor of my laundry room, ready for pictures so I have proof they are in a bad way and need to be thrown.
3. The t-shirt thing….the hubby has waaaay more than I do but I have a lot of them. Again, some of them do not even fit due to the 25+ lbs I currently have. I can not throw them away though. I feel like I have to get use out of them. Most of them I did not even pay for. Swag is an amazing thing…Pokerstars and PokerXfactor have no clue how much advertising I do for them, wearing their tshirts around the community center. Lots of advertising they get from me.
4. I am crazy. I knew that already and so did my closest (and not so closest) friends. I am not crazy like I need to be institutionalized crazy. Just a little crazy.
So I am continuing on this journey and have already realized that I have to buy a pair of black pants that fit (photographing a wedding and coordinating another) and a pair of basic black shoes. I already feel guilt for knowing I have to do it but since my black dress capris do not fit and the calves will not suck themselves into the boots I have no choice.